Pressed metal window awnings or ‘hoods’ are a traditional feature for many period style homes. They were predominantly installed above windows or door ways as a decorative feature, however they are also practical, acting as a weather shield. Pressed Tin Panels® Window Hoods are available as a kit – designed to be easily assembled on site by an experienced tradesperson. They are adaptable to renovations of existing period style buildings or even new builds. The panel within the kit is available in the Fish Scale pattern only. They can be painted or powder coated in a myriad of colours.
- The standard length of the window hoods once assembled are approx: 1840mm long, depth approx: 570mm, projection approx: 450mm.
The length of the awnings are adjustable, however maximum lengths may apply. Tubing or bracing can be added to strengthen the unit on awnings longer than the standard length. Please note extras are in addition to the kit. Please contact us for further details
- The panels are made from a specialised galvanised sheeting that is approximately 0.55mm thick.
- Please note each awning and it’s individual pieces are hand forged, so variancse will occur. This simply means that some manipulation may be required to complete each hood.
- Painting or powder coating is recommended as panels are porous and surface scratches may be present as a result of the manufacturing process.
A metal etch primer is recommended when painting our galvanised products. See our Panel Coating Information guide here.
The Kit Contains:
- One galvanised Fish Scale Awning panel, with rolled front edge and under flashing fold on the top
- Two galvanised decorative pressed metal awning ends
- One top mounting bracket
- Required bolts for panel
- Installation Guide
Extra brackets are available (pack of two) if required down the sides of the window. The kit does not include extra flashing pieces or other fixing requirements- this will depend on each individual installation and the makeup of the existing wall exterior. We recommend you seek advice from a suitable tradesperson.
Window Hood – Assembled and installed example:
Fish Scale Awning Panel with rolled front edge
Window Hood Pressed End:
Top Edge Flashing Fold:
Installed example of Window Hood: