Pressed metal window awnings or window ‘hoods’ are a traditional feature for many period style homes. They were predominantly installed above windows or door ways as a decorative feature, however they are also practical. They act as a fantastic weather shield.
Pressed Tin Panels® Window Awnings are available in a kit form (only) & designed to be easily assembled on site by yourself or an experienced tradesperson. They are adaptable to renovations of existing period style buildings or even new builds.
The panel within the kit is available in the Fish Scale pattern only.
They can be ordered in their ‘raw’ state or powder coated in a myriad of colours. All pressed metal components supplied are made from Galvanised steel, these can be hand painted* or professionally Powder Coated prior to installation. *To paint your awnings a specific galvanised, steel metal primer will be required-we recommend you seek advice from a paint specialist
- Our kits are designed to fit window sizes up to & including a 1700mm** measured, internal window width . Ideally the awning will sit 200mm wider than your window frame (100mm either side of window)
The Awning Panel can be cut to size if a narrower width is desired (cutting included in price – no discounts for smaller size-kit price applies). If your window is wider than 1700mm please contact us to discuss & to obtain a quote.
- The width of the window hoods once assembled are approx: 1820mm long, height approx: 770mm, projection approx: 600mm.
- The panels are made from a specialised galvanised sheeting that is approximately 0.55mm thick.
- Awnings are hand-manufactured, so each item will therefore have slight variations. Each awning is constructed, then de-constructed in the factory prior to dispatch – this ensures fit & quality control.
All instructions are given as a guide only. We hold no responsibility for the incorrect installation or use of our products.
- Painting or powder coating is recommended as panels are porous and surface scratches may be present as a result of the manufacturing process.
A metal etch primer is recommended when painting our galvanised products. See our Panel Coating Information guide here.
**dependant on wall substrate – 1700mm pertains to substrate that allows the bracket to be installed flush with the window outline or recess. Please engage the advice of a professional if unsure
The Kit Contains:
- 2 x Pressed, Galvanised Awning Ends: 1 x Left and 1 x Right – ready attached to custom built & pre-drilled mild steel brackets with anti-rust coating.
These brackets are a new & exclusive Pressed Tin Panels® designed & manufactured product
- 1 x 30ml bottle of anti-rust touch up coating
- 1 x Rolled Galvanised Fish Scale awning panel with fold along top edge and rolled front edge
- Fastenings required for fixing awning ends to awning panel
- Window Awning Installation Guide 2020
Window Awning – Assembled and installed example:
Above image: Pressed Tin Panels® Window Awnings powder coated in Colorbond® Windspray
Window Awning Pressed End:
Window Awning Specifications:
Internal bracket installation example:
Installed example of Window Hood: